Charity Chic was set up at St Andrew’s and St George’s West to explore sustainable fashion. Under the logo, we have:
- held fashion shows using recycled fabrics and accessories
- invited charity shops to set up stalls for a day
- invited designers working in recycled materials to use our space
- organised exhibitions of accessories and Fair trade goods
- set up competitions with schools and art students to design recycled clothes
- run “swishes” – swap shops of clothes
- campaigned for better conditions for garment workers in Bangladesh
We have worked with local partners – major retailers including Harvey Nichols and John Lewis, charities including Shelter and Barnardo’s and a host of local makers.
Charity Chic fits with our eco-congregation status – and is great fun and good value!
If you’d like to help us keep compassion in fashion please get in touch!